What are some signs of herpes?
i recently had sex with ym boyfriend for the first time and he was a virgin and so was i. but a couple days later i was still sore and it didnt seem right, then i had some realllyy bad pains when i was peeing. im afraid i might have herpes because th
i recently had sex with ym boyfriend for the first time and he was a virgin and so was i. but a couple days later i was still sore and it didnt seem right, then i had some realllyy bad pains when i was peeing. im afraid i might have herpes because there was a sore present too. im currently on antibiotics for what we thought was a bladder infection.. but im thinkin its worse???
Genital herpes symptoms can vary greatly from person to person. Most people never have any symptoms or ones that are so mild they may not recognize them, although some people develop painful and bothersome symptoms.
The primary outbreak of genital herpes tends to last longer and be more severe than subsequent (recurrent) outbreaks. Symptoms of a primary outbreak may include:
* Flulike symptoms, such as fever, headache, and muscle aches. These symptoms usually get better within a week.
* Tingling, burning, itching, and redness at the site where an outbreak is about to occur (prodrome).
* Painful, itchy blisters on the penis, on the vulva, or inside the vagina. Blisters may also appear on the anus, buttocks, thighs, or scrotum, either alone or in clusters. They may be barely noticeable or as large as a coin.
* Blisters that break and become shallow, painful, oozing sores.
* Swollen and tender lymph nodes in the groin.
* Painful urination.
* Abnormal vaginal or urethral discharge.
Occasionally a person will experience symptoms months or even years after being infected, making it very difficult to identify the sex partner who was the source of the infection.
Personal experience. I have had genital herpes for 5 years.